Integration restaurant...A bridge to employment for young people in the restaurant and hospitality business
The Birdhouse Self Service / Early Bird Coffee Corner located in Vernier, is an innovative project aimed at enabling young people who have dropped out of school or are facing other difficulties, to take charge of their lives, and obtain a professional qualification in service or cookery, while working (Attestation Fédérale de Formation Professionnelle – AFP in 2 years or Certificat Fédéral de Capacité – CFC in 3 years). The training programme will progressively equip up to 14 trainees per year, with culinary and front of house service skills. The tailor-made structure of the project in terms of individual support and follow-up, is essential to create the necessary conditions to offer an adequate framework for the development of self-esteem of the trainees, and to ensure their future professional success.
The trainees are supervised and supported by a team of highly qualified professionals, all of whom are sensitive to quality cuisine, while favouring local and seasonal products, thus reflecting the trademark of the restaurant.
The restaurant will open on September 2, 2019.
- Offer a vocational training with qualification;
- Support the professional integration of young people;
- Guide young people towards autonomy;
- Young people regain confidence.
- Up to 14 young people aged 16 to 25 years old, per year or more than 70 over 6 years;
- Families of trainees (approx. 250 people over 6 years, incl. siblings);
- Clients of the restaurant;
- Restaurant owners in Geneva.
Ce projet est un partenariat entre la FAAI, l'Ecole Hôtelière de Genève et Gourmet Brothers;
Avec le soutien de l'Office pour l'Orientation, la Formation Professionnelle et Continue (OFPC) et de l'Hospice Général.